10. Honda Pilot
Average paid: $27,504
The Pilot was redesigned for 2012, which makes that $1,626 discount on the two-wheel-drive, four-door LX model seem just a little light. Compared with a $32,000 Chevy Traverse, a $35,000 GMC Acadia or a $29,000 Toyota Highlander, however, that $27,500 price looks a little more like a deal.
That reduction's a bit more necessary if Honda's going to move its Pilot surplus against similarly priced Ford Explorers and Jeep Grand Cherokees, which have each outsold the Pilot this year amid Honda's supply shortages. Even under those circumstances, however, Honda's managed to increase sales of the Pilot more than 4% this year, making it, the CR-V and the Insight the only Hondas to get any traction this year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV