Harleysville Group Stock Hits New 52-Week High (HGIC)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Harleysville Group (Nasdaq:HGIC) hit a new 52-week high Friday as it is currently trading at $58.98, above its previous 52-week high of $58.96 with 697,941 shares traded as of 1:48 p.m. ET. Average volume has been 64,900 shares over the past 30 days. Harleysville Group has a market cap of $856.2 million and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. Shares are up 60.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Harleysville Group Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the property and casualty insurance business primarily in the eastern and midwestern United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.8, equal to the average insurance industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- Practice your HGIC trading strategies and win cash in our stock game.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV