Since entering into an agreement on the Excelsior project in March 2011, Global ( GSC) has completed extensive surface work including a three square kilometre Induced Polarization (IP) geophysical survey, geological mapping, re-logging drill chips and the collection of more than 1200 surface geochemical samples.
GSC recently completed a 3657m program of reverse circulation (RC) drilling. The main aim of the program was to test for extensions and repetitions to the mineralisation intersected in previous drilling by other exploration companies at the Buster zone. A total of 23 holes were completed over a strike length of 2.2km.
Holes were generally drilled along north-south fences with 50-70m between holes and 100-600m between fences. All holes were drilled at 60 degrees dip towards grid north to a depth of between 100-220m. Water was injected during the drilling although all of the sample slurry was collected after splitting through a rotary cyclone splitter. Samples of between two and ten kilograms were collected every 1.5m of hole length and dispatched to American Assay Laboratories in Reno for gold fire assay by method FA30.
Quality control included the collection of one in twenty duplicate samples dispatched to the same laboratory and one in thirty samples sent to ALS Minerals in Reno and analysed for gold using a comparable fire assay method (method Au-AA23). Duplicate and repeat assaying gave an acceptable repetition of gold grades however some spottiness was noted.Ken Brook, B.Sc, M.Sc, RPG. a qualified person (QP) as defined by National Instrument 43-101, supervised the preparation of the technical information in this news release. A full discussion of these results can be seen on our website at www.nubianr.com CEO of Nubian Larry Treadgold comments: "These results strengthen our view that Excelsior represents a large and extensive mineralised system that until now has gone largely unnoticed.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV