Radiohead Isn't Playing 'Occupy Wall Street' Gig
Updated from 1:43 p.m. EDT with "Occupy Wall Street" spokesman apologizing for wrong reports
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The firm that represents music group Radiohead told The Wall Street Journal Friday that the "Occupy Wall Street" gig wasn't happening, and demonstrator spokesman Patrick Bruner confirmed the no-show to TheStreet.
"We can officially confirm this is NOT happening," wrote Steve Martin of Nasty Little Man, the firm that represents Radiohead, according to the Journal.
"Sorry about the confusion. No Radiohead today," Bruner said in an email.It was originally reported that Radiohead was expected to play a surprise show for "Occupy Wall Street" demonstrators on Friday at 4 p.m. EDT, according to occupywallst.org. The start of the expected performance would have coincided with the New York Stock Exchange's closing bell. A spokesperson for "Occupy Wall Street" said earlier the gig would be happening, according to Gothamist. Radiohead played shows at the Roseland Ballroom in New York on Wednesday and Thursday. -- Written by Joe Deaux in New York.
>To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV