1. Material Sciences (MASC) makes material-based solutions for acoustical and coated applications. The company will announce its second-quarter results on Oct. 7.
For the second-quarter of 2012, net income of the company is seen at $2.90 million as compared to $2.69 million recorded in the year ago quarter. Also, for the same period net sales are seen rising to $37.10 million from $33.12 million. Earnings per share for the quarter are seen increasing to 24 cents from 20 cents per share in the year ago period. Gross margin for the quarter is estimated at 24.90% as compared to 19.89% in the second quarter of 2011. Operating profit is seen more than doubling to $3.9 million from $1.62 million.
On Sept. 14, the company announced that its board has authorized the repurchase of up to 1 million additional shares of common stock. After the previous authorization in May 2011, almost 230,000 shares are remaining to be repurchased.>>To see these stocks in action, visit the 9 Earnings Reports to Watch Next Week portfolio on Stockpickr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV