2. Helen of Troy (HELE), is a global designer, developer, importer and distributor of an expanding portfolio of brand-name consumer products. It broadly operates in three segments: Personal Care, Housewares, and Healthcare and Home Environment. The company will announce its second-quarter results on Oct. 6.
For the second quarter of 2012, net income is estimated at $27.47 million on sales of $289.0 million, as compared to $23.47 million recorded on $174.82 million sales for the same period in 2010, as per analysts polled by Bloomberg. Earnings per share are forecast at 87 cents for the quarter, a 16% increase from 75 cents in 2011 second quarter. The company's operating profit is seen rising by 25% to $34.50 million from $27.66 million in the year-ago period.
Of the four analysts covering the stock, 50% recommend a buy while 25% suggest a hold. On an average, analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain almost 22% to $31.50 from current levels over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV