3. Costco Wholesale (COST), operates membership warehouses that offers low prices to its members on a limited selection of branded and selected private-label products in a range of merchandise categories. The company will announce its fourth-quarter results on Oct. 5.
Net income for the quarter is seen increasing to $486.09 million from $433.95 million in the year-ago quarter. Earnings per share are estimated to increase by 13% to $1.10 from the year-ago period. Sales are seen rising by 15% to $27.7 billion from $24.1 billion in the year-ago period. Operating profit for the quarter is seen at $748.9 million as compared to $691 million in the prior-year period.
In mid-August, the company paid a quarterly cash dividend of 24 cents per common share. Currently, the company has a dividend yield of 1%. A dividend per share for the quarter is forecast at 67 cents as compared to 21 cents in the year-ago period, as per analysts polled by Bloomberg.Of the 27 analysts covering the stock, 52% recommends a buy, while 41% suggest a hold.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV