4. Marriott International (MAR), a global operator and franchisor of hotels and related lodging facilities, operates in five business segments: North American Full-Service Lodging, North American Limited-Service Lodging, International Lodging, Luxury Lodging and Timeshare. The company will announce its third-quarter results on Oct. 5.
Net income for the quarter is estimated at $97.93 million on sales of $2.82 billion, as compared to $83 million recorded on $2.65 billion sales for the same period in 2010, as per analysts polled by Bloomberg. Earnings per share are forecast at 27 cents for the quarter, an increase of 25% from the year ago quarter. Return on equity is seen increasing to 42.50% from 33.42% recorded in the year ago quarter, while return on assets is seen at 6.10% from 4.58% earlier.
In mid-September, the company paid a quarterly cash dividend of 10 cents per common share. Currently, the company has a dividend yield of 1.1%. As per analysts polled by Bloomberg, dividend per share for the quarter is seen rising to 9 cents from 4 cents in the year-ago quarter.Of the 27 analysts covering the stock, 56% recommend a buy, while the remaining suggest a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain almost 34.9% to $38.73 from current levels over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV