7. Yum! Brands (YUM), a quick service restaurant company, has more than 37,000 units in more than 110 countries and territories. The company operates through five concepts -- KFC, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, Long John Silver's and A&W All-American Food Restaurants. The company will announce its third-quarter results on Oct 4.
Net income for the quarter is estimated at $397.25 million on sales of $3.09 billion, higher than net income of $356 million recorded on $2.86 billion sales for the same period in 2010, as per analysts polled by Bloomberg. Earnings per share are forecast at 82 cents for the quarter, as compared to 73 cents registered in 2010 first quarter. Meanwhile, dividend per share is seen coming in at 26 cents as compared to 25 cents in the year ago period.
In early August, the company paid a quarterly cash dividend of 25 cents per common share. Currently, the company has a dividend yield of 3%.Of the 22 analysts covering the stock, 59% recommend a buy, while 36% rate a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 20.6% to $59.76 from current levels over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV