8. Wolverine World Wide (WWW) is a designer, manufacturer and marketer of a range of casual shoes, performance outdoor footwear and apparel, industrial work shoes, boots and apparel, and uniform shoes and boots. The company will announce its third-quarter results on Oct. 3.
Net income is estimated to come in at $36.76 million on sales of $358.2 million, as compared to a net income of $34.14 million recorded on sales of $320.4 million sales for the same period in 2010, as per analysts polled by Bloomberg. Earnings per share are forecast at 75 cents for the quarter, compared to 70 cents in the prior-year period. Return on equity is estimated to increase by 7% to 20.90% from 19.48% earlier.
In mid-July, the company declared a quarterly cash dividend of 12 cents per common share which is payable on November 1, 2011. Currently, the company has a dividend yield of 1.3%.Of the 13 analysts covering the stock, 38% recommend a buy, while the remaining rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect the stock to gain an average 24.3% to $43.75 from current levels over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV