Shares of CapitalSource (CSE) of Chevy Chase, Md., closed at $6.25 Wednesday, down 12% year-to-date.
The company had $9.3 billion in total assets as of June 30, with a nonperforming assets ratio of 7.36%, declining from 9.04% the previous quarter. Nonperforming assets information was not available for Capital Source for June 2010.CapitalSource earned $16.6 million during the second quarter, or five cents a share, declining from $18.3 million, or six cents a share, in the second quarter of 2010, when the company booked a $21.7 million gain on the sale of all of its direct real estate investments, including sold 103 long-term care facilities to Omega Healthcare Investors. CapitalSource remains focused on lending to the healthcare industry, as well as on equipment finance, technology, multifamily lending, and a professional practice lending group, which finances the acquisition of dental and veterinary practices. The second-quarter provision for loan loss reserves was $1.5 million, declining from $25.3 million a year earlier. On Sept. 15, after the company gained the consent of investors holding senior notes due in 2014, to increase its share repurchase authorization to $385 million from $200 million, and Jeff Davis of Guggenheim Securities reiterated his neutral rating on the shares, with a price target of $6.75. The shares trade for 15 times the consensus 2012 EPS estimate of 42 cents, among analysts polled by FactSet, and just above their June 30 tangible book value of $5.99, according to SNL. Out of 10 analysts covering CapitalSource, seven rate the shares a buy, while the remaining analysts all have neutral ratings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV