United Parcel Service Inc (UPS) (UPS): Today's Featured Transportation Winner
The transportation industry closed the day up 1.1%. American Railcar Industries Inc (ARII), Scorpio Tankers Inc (STNG), Saia Inc (SAIA), and TOP Ships Inc (TOPS) were all winners today within the transportation industry with United Parcel Service Inc (UPS (UPS) being today's featured transportation winner. United Parcel Service Inc (UPS rose $1.52 (2.4%) to $64.67 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5.2 million shares of United Parcel Service Inc (UPS exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.4 million shares. United Parcel Service, Inc., a package delivery company, provides transportation, logistics, and financial services in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: U.S. Domestic Package, International Package, and Supply Chain & Freight. The U.S. United Parcel Service Inc (UPS has a market cap of $47.1 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.8, equal to the average transportation industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 13% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates United Parcel Service Inc (UPS as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full United Parcel Service Inc (UPS Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV