The conglomerates sector closed the day up 2.2%. Danaher Corporation (DHR) and Rayonier Inc (RYN) were all decliners today within the conglomerates sector with Tredegar Corporation (TG) being today's featured conglomerates loser. Tredegar Corporation fell 77 cents (-5.3%) to $15.27 on average volume. Throughout the day, 81,720 shares of Tredegar Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 94,800 shares. Tredegar Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the manufacture and sale of plastic films, elastics, and laminate materials primarily for personal and household care products, and packaging and surface protection applications. Tredegar Corporation has a market cap of $494.6 million and is part of the conglomerates industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 17.4, above the average conglomerates industry P/E ratio of 17.2 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 25.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Tredegar as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and revenue growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Tredegar Ratings Report.
- Use our conglomerates section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about TG
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV