Pfizer Inc (PFE): Today's Featured Drugs Winner
The drugs industry closed the day down 0.1%. ProPhase Labs Inc (PRPH), Cardium Therapeutics Inc (CXM), Galena Biopharma Inc (RXII), and Senesco Technologies Inc (SNT) were all winners today within the drugs industry with Pfizer Inc (PFE) being today's featured drugs winner. Pfizer Inc rose 42 cents (2.4%) to $17.98 on average volume. Throughout the day, 47.8 million shares of Pfizer Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 53.2 million shares. Pfizer Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, offers prescription medicines for humans and animals worldwide. Pfizer Inc has a market cap of $138.5 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.6, above the average drugs industry P/E ratio of 16.4 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 0.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Pfizer as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, growth in earnings per share, expanding profit margins and increase in net income. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- You can view the full Pfizer Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV