ArcelorMittal SA (MT): Today's Featured Metals & Mining Winner
The metals & mining industry closed the day down 0.1%. Kobex Minerals Inc (KXM), Revett Minerals Inc (RVM), Qiao Xing Universal Resources Inc (XING), and Revett Minerals Inc (RVMID) were all winners today within the metals & mining industry with ArcelorMittal (MT) being today's featured metals & mining winner. ArcelorMittal rose 82 cents (5.1%) to $16.87 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 12.1 million shares of ArcelorMittal exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.6 million shares. ArcelorMittal, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the production and marketing of steel worldwide. ArcelorMittal has a market cap of $25.8 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 8.7, above the average metals & mining industry P/E ratio of 8.1 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 56.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates ArcelorMittal as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, robust revenue growth, attractive valuation levels and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full ArcelorMittal Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV