Johnson Controls Inc (JCI): Today's Featured Automotive Winner
The automotive industry closed the day up 2.6%. Thor Industries Inc (THO), China Zenix Auto International Ltd ADR (ZX), Meritor Inc (MTOR), and Drew Industries Inc (DW) were all winners today within the automotive industry with Johnson Controls Inc (JCI) being today's featured automotive winner. Johnson Controls Inc rose 69 cents (2.6%) to $27.40 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7.6 million shares of Johnson Controls Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.9 million shares. Johnson Controls, Inc. engages in building efficiency, automotive experience, and power solutions businesses worldwide. Johnson Controls Inc has a market cap of $19.1 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.5, equal to the average automotive industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 30.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Johnson Controls as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Johnson Controls Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV