The computer hardware industry closed the day up 0.1%. STEC Inc (STEC), Intermec Inc (IN), Globecomm Systems Inc (GCOM), and Overland Storage Inc (OVRL) were all winners today within the computer hardware industry with Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) being today's featured computer hardware winner. Hewlett-Packard rose 59 cents (2.5%) to $23.78 on average volume. Throughout the day, 26.8 million shares of Hewlett-Packard exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 28 million shares. Hewlett-Packard Company offers various products, technologies, software, solutions, and services to individual consumers and small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs), as well as to the government, health, and education sectors worldwide. Hewlett-Packard has a market cap of $46.9 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 5.6, equal to the average computer hardware industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 44.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Hewlett-Packard as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, revenue growth and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including poor profit margins, a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and generally poor debt management.
- You can view the full Hewlett-Packard Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about HPQ
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV