The energy industry closed the day up 0.3%. WSP Holdings (WH), GeoMet Inc (GMET), Carbo Ceramics Inc (CRR), and Blueknight Energy Partners G.P. L.L.C (BKEP) were all decliners today within the energy industry with Geokinetics Inc (GOK) being today's featured energy loser. Geokinetics Inc fell 10 cents (-3.9%) to $2.44 on light volume. Throughout the day, 84,929 shares of Geokinetics Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 128,600 shares. Geokinetics Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides seismic data acquisition, and seismic data processing and interpretation services to the oil and natural gas industry. Geokinetics Inc has a market cap of $50.6 million and is part of the basic materials sector. Shares are down 70.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Geokinetics as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, generally weak debt management, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Geokinetics Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV