The media industry closed the day up 0.04%. SearchMedia Holdings (IDI), Entercom Communications Corporation (ETM), New York Times Company (NYT), and Crown Media Holdings Inc (CRWN) were all winners today within the media industry with Gannett Co Inc (GCI) being today's featured media winner. Gannett Co Inc rose 46 cents (4.9%) to $9.87 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5.1 million shares of Gannett Co Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.4 million shares. Gannett Co., Inc. operates as a media and marketing solutions company in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Publishing, Digital, and Broadcasting. The Publishing segment publishes 83 U.S. Gannett Co Inc has a market cap of $2.4 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 4.6, above the average media industry P/E ratio of 4.4 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 35.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Gannett Co as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share.
- You can view the full Gannett Co Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about GCI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV