China Gengsheng Minerals (CHGS): Today's Featured Basic Materials Loser
The basic materials sector closed the day up 0.2%. Sino Clean Energy Inc (SCEI), Sutor Technology Group (SUTR), BioFuel Energy Corporation (BIOF), and Ossen Innovation (OSN) were all decliners today within the basic materials sector with China Gengsheng Minerals (CHGS) being today's featured basic materials loser. China Gengsheng Minerals fell 6 cents (-5.7%) to $1 on light volume. Throughout the day, 119,564 shares of China Gengsheng Minerals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 163,300 shares. China GengSheng Minerals, Inc., through its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures, and sells a range of mineral-based heat-resistant products, including monolithic refractories, industrial ceramics, fracture proppants, and fine precision abrasives. China Gengsheng Minerals has a market cap of $28.1 million and is part of the metals & mining industry. The company has a P/E ratio of four, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 79.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates China Gengsheng as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, robust revenue growth and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full China Gengsheng Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV