AOL Inc. (AOL): Today's Featured Internet Winner
The internet industry closed the day down 1.2%. Innodata Isogen Corporation (INOD), ModusLink Global Solutions Inc (MLNK), Local.com Corporation (LOCM), and ICG Group Inc (ICGE) were all winners today within the internet industry with AOL Inc (AOL) being today's featured internet winner. AOL Inc rose 31 cents (2.6%) to $12.25 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.5 million shares of AOL Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.8 million shares. AOL Inc. operates as a Web services company that offers a suite of brands and offerings for the worldwide audience. Its business spans online content, products, and services for consumers, publishers, and advertisers. The company produces digital content and sells display advertising. AOL Inc. AOL Inc has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 5.8, equal to the average internet industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 47.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates AOL as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full AOL Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV