The media industry closed the day down 3.1%. ChinaNet Online Holdings Inc (CNET), Liberty Capital (LCPBD), Bona Film Group (BONA), and China Mass Media (CMM) were all winners today within the media industry with Net Communications Services Inc (NETC) being today's featured media winner. Net Communications Services Inc rose 36 cents (4.5%) to $8.21 on light volume. Throughout the day, 9,726 shares of Net Communications Services Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 15,700 shares. Net Servicos de Comunicacao S.A., through its subsidiaries, provides cable television, Internet access, and voice services in Brazil. It offers cable television services under the 'NET' brand name through various cable networks located in the largest cities of Brazil. Net Communications Services Inc has a market cap of $2.7 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.9, above the average media industry P/E ratio of 10.8 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 43.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Net Communications Services as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, increase in net income and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Net Communications Services Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about NETC
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV