Porter Bancorp Inc. (PBIB): Today's Featured Banking Loser
The banking industry closed the day up 2.3%. Oak Valley Bancorp (OVLY), Mercantile Bancorp Inc (MBR), FNB NC Corporation (FNBN), and Green Bankshares Inc (GRNB) were all decliners today within the banking industry with Porter Bancorp Inc (PBIB) being today's featured banking loser. Porter Bancorp Inc fell 14 cents (-3.5%) to $3.81 on light volume. Throughout the day, 401 shares of Porter Bancorp Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,400 shares. Porter Bancorp, Inc. operates as the bank holding company for PBI Bank that provides commercial and personal banking products and services in Kentucky. Porter Bancorp Inc has a market cap of $48.1 million and is part of the financial sector. Shares are down 60.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Porter as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, poor profit margins and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Porter Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV