Duke Realty Corp (DRE): Today's Featured Real Estate Loser
The real estate industry closed the day up 1.5%. Tree.com Inc (TREE), Chimera Investment Corporation (CIM), American Realty Capital Properties Inc (ARCP), and Supertel Hospitality Inc (SPPR) were all decliners today within the real estate industry with Duke Realty (DRE) being today's featured real estate loser. Duke Realty fell 39 cents (-3.7%) to $10.87 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3.1 million shares of Duke Realty exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.2 million shares. Duke Realty Corporation operates as a real estate investment trust (REIT) in the United States. It offers leasing, property and asset management, development, construction, build-to-suit, and other tenant-related services. Duke Realty has a market cap of $2.7 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 98.7, above the average real estate industry P/E ratio of 45.3 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 15.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Duke as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Duke Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV