The consumer durables industry closed the day up 1.2%. Fossil Inc (FOSL), Sturm Ruger & Company (RGR), Tempur-Pedic International Inc (TPX), and Sealy (ZZ) were all decliners today within the consumer durables industry with Ballantyne of Omaha Inc (BTN) being today's featured consumer durables loser. Ballantyne of Omaha Inc fell 7 cents (-2.2%) to $3.15 on light volume. Throughout the day, 55,992 shares of Ballantyne of Omaha Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 133,500 shares. Ballantyne Strong, Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, services, and distributes theatre and lighting systems. The company operates in two segments, Theatre and Lighting. Ballantyne of Omaha Inc has a market cap of $46.8 million and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 5.3, equal to the average consumer durables industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 58.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Ballantyne of Omaha as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow, a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Ballantyne of Omaha Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about BTN
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV