Lately we’ve heard a lot about the need for good old American Ingenuity to compete successfully in the new global marketplace. Onyx Service & Solutions, Inc. (OTCQB: ONYX) seems to be doing just that, while also “stepping up” the game in the solar industry sector without the need for any government loans or subsidies.
This last Tuesday, ONYX announced that they had won approval for an $84 Million (USD) solar power project for Roatan, Honduras. The project capacity is currently 18.5 megawatts and is expected to take over 65,000 280-watt solar panels. An overview of the project can be seen at www.solar-stock.com/solar-diesel-reduction.html.
What is very unique about ONYX is that they have researched the world power market, crunched the numbers and have put in place what Company management feels is a very lucrative Business Plan - and it seems to be working quite well right out of the gate.
Here is a brief description of how ONYX management is building a bold model for financial success:While most “solar” companies were standing by waiting for government loans and subsidies to compete with cheap coal-fired electricity generation, ONYX went a different way entirely. The Company first sliced its overhead razor thin, contracting for services only on an as-needed basis. Then management quickly moved to compete in a power generation area that had vast amounts of financial waste that the company could transfer to their own bottom line: Diesel Generated Electricity located in sun-drenched nations. An abundance of nations in Latin American and the Caribbean rely solely on diesel generated electricity and are paying between 35 and 44 cents per kilowatt hour (the US average is 8.5 cents). Even more, diesel price fluctuations are making the matter worse, especially with a volatile Venezuelan supplier added to the mix.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV