NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Golden Star Resources (AMEX:GSS) hit a new 52-week low Thursday as it is currently trading at $1.73, below its previous 52-week low of $1.77 with 1.5 million shares traded as of 11:10 a.m. ET. Average volume has been 4.1 million shares over the past 30 days. Golden Star has a market cap of $506.9 million and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. Shares are up 43.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Golden Star Resources Ltd., a gold mining and exploration company, through its subsidiaries, engages in the acquisition, exploration, development, and production of gold properties. The company has a P/E ratio of 62.3, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7.
- Practice your GSS trading strategies and win cash in our stock game.
Latest Headlines about GSS
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV