2. Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan (POT) is an integrated fertilizer and related industrial and feed products company owning five potash mines in Saskatchewan and one in New Brunswick and Canada. The company has nitrogen facilities in Georgia, Louisiana, Ohio and Trinidad.
Second quarter 2011 sales were reported at $2.3 billion, up 61.8% from the same quarter last year. The company achieved potash production of 2.6 million metric tons, vs. 2.2 million metric tons in the prior-year quarter.
The company recorded second-quarter earnings of $840 million, increasing 81% from $480 million in the second-quarter of 2010. Higher sales and rising prices doubled EBITDA to $793 million from $411 million in the corresponding period of 2010.Heading into the third quarter, EPS is estimated between 80 cents and $1, while the company's full-year 2011 earnings per share guidance range has been revised upwards to $3.4 to $3.80. The company recently announced a $7.6 billion potash expansion plan to improve operational capacity at its potash mine sites. This program is expected to improve operational capability to 17.1 million metric tons by 2015. Besides production, these expansions would help create jobs and support local businesses and communities, thus benefiting the economy at large. Of the 21 analysts covering the stock, 71% recommend a buy. The stock is trading at 12 times its estimated 2011 earnings with estimated upside of 51% in the next one year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV