4. CF Industries Holdings (CF) manufactures and markets nitrogen- and phosphate-based fertilizers. The company's marketing and distribution facilities are located in the Midwestern grain-producing states and other agricultural areas of the U.S. and Canada.
Second quarter 2011 sales were $198.6 million, up from $166.9 million in the prior-year quarter. Higher ammonia and urea ammonium nitrate solutions boosted sales due to strong demand in North America. Net earnings for the period were $128.9 million, compared to $66.7 million for the three months ended June 2010.
Cash and cash equivalents stood at $152.5 million. Of the 17 analysts covering the stock, 6 recommend a hold and 10 rate it a buy. Analysts expect the stock to gain 32% in the next one year. The stock is trading at 6.8 times its 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV