Central Garden & Pet Company Stock Downgraded (CENTA)
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 8.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $104.72 million or 3.78% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, CENTRAL GARDEN & PET CO's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 12.27%.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Household Products industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 34.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $25.87 million to $17.08 million.
- The gross profit margin for CENTRAL GARDEN & PET CO is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 32.30%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 3.50% trails that of the industry average.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.