Dogfish Head Punkin Ale
BeerAdvocate rating: B+
RateBeer Rating: 90 of 100
Don't look at that four pack like it's trying to steal your lunch money.
Beer lovers are getting one of the original big pumpkin beers at 7% ABV when they buy Punkin', and a lot of that alcohol is coming from organic brown sugar. Dogfish Head throws in pumpkin meat and ground co-op grown spices such as cinnamon and allspice during the boil to give it just the right balance of sugar and kick.
The best part is that while it may not be as "sessionable" as some lower-alcohol pumpkin brews, it's also not as potent as its bomber brethren. A beer drinker stands a chance of having more than one of these without having the room spin once he or she stands up. Their biggest worry should be finding some Punkin before it runs out."Few things get Dogfish die-hards as pumped as the smooth hints of pumpkin, the organic brown sugar and the savory spices in Punkin Ale," says Justin Willams, spokesman for Dogfish Head. "Punkin rolls out every Sept. 1 and is available 'til it's gone, which is usually around Thanksgiving."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV