This Day On The Street
Continue to site right-arrow
ADVERTISEMENT
This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration.
Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here
TheStreet Open House

IsoRay, Inc. Reports Improved Performance In Fiscal Year 2011

IsoRay Inc. (AMEX: ISR), a medical technology company and innovator in seed brachytherapy and medical radioisotope applications, announced its financial results for the year ended June 30, 2011.

Some of the highlights in the year ended June 30, 2011 include the Company's realization of a gross income rise of 59% over FY 2010, as that number grew from $725,797 to $1,157,417. The Company reduced its net loss by 30% from FY 2010's level of $4,033,856 to $2,842,213. The Company reduced operating loss for FY 2011 by 26%, showing an improvement of $1,045,912 for a resulting net operating loss of $2,962,988. The Company had cash and cash equivalents of $2,112,254 as of June 30, 2011.

In fiscal year 2011, 92% of revenue was from the sales of Cesium-131 brachytherapy seeds (internal radiation therapy) for the treatment of prostate cancer, while the other 8% of revenue was generated by sales of seeds for the treatment of brain cancer, colorectal cancer, gynecological cancer, head and neck cancer, lung cancer, and ocular cancer. Case counts for FY 2011 were 102% of the cases in FY2010. Importantly, 9% of the cases for the year came from non-prostate cancer sites representing a 250% increase in non-prostate revenue growth over FY 2010.

IsoRay Chairman and CEO Dwight Babcock commented, “To date, we have been disappointed in how long it has taken to develop a broader implementation of our new products. The growth in sales and product adoption is slower in the medical device field than we had expected. We attribute that to the fact that the patients' experience and results need to be evaluated more thoroughly before physicians in community settings will embrace these new technologies. We are seeing a good deal of interest in our new products and expect that the positive feedback we have received will lead to increased revenue in the coming year. In the meantime, we have managed the Company with an eye toward our long term success."

1 of 3

Check Out Our Best Services for Investors

Action Alerts PLUS

Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.

Product Features:
  • $2.5+ million portfolio
  • Large-cap and dividend focus
  • Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Quant Ratings

Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.

Product Features:
  • Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
  • Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
  • A custom stock screener
Stocks Under $10

David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.

Product Features:
  • Model portfolio
  • Stocks trading below $10
  • Intraday trade alerts
14-Days Free
Try it NOW
Only $9.95
Try it NOW
14-Days Free
Try it NOW

Check Out Our Best Services for Investors

Dividend Stock Advisor

David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.

Product Features:
  • Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
  • Updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
Trifecta Stocks

Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutiny—quantitative, fundamental and technical analysis—to maximize profit potential and minimize risk.

Product Features:
  • Model Portfolio
  • Intra Day Trade alerts
  • Access to Quant Ratings
Options Profits

Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.

Product Features:
  • Actionable options commentary and news
  • Real-time trading community
Try it NOW
Try it NOW
Try it NOW
To begin commenting right away, you can log in below using your Disqus, Facebook, Twitter, OpenID or Yahoo login credentials. Alternatively, you can post a comment as a "guest" just by entering an email address. Your use of the commenting tool is subject to multiple terms of service/use and privacy policies - see here for more details.
Submit an article to us!
SYM TRADE IT LAST %CHG

Markets

DOW 17,712.66 +34.43 0.19%
S&P 500 2,061.02 +4.87 0.24%
NASDAQ 4,891.2190 +27.8570 0.57%

Partners Compare Online Brokers

Free Reports

Free Newsletters from TheStreet

My Subscriptions:

After the Bell

Before the Bell

Booyah! Newsletter

Midday Bell

TheStreet Top 10 Stories

Winners & Losers

Register for Newsletters
Top Rated Stocks Top Rated Funds Top Rated ETFs