Centrais Ele. Brasileira S.A. Eletrobras (EBR): Today's Featured Utilities Loser
The utilities sector closed the day down 1.9%. Dynegy Inc (DYN), Evergreen Energy Inc (EEE), National Fuel Gas Company (NFG), and China Hydroelectric (CHC) were all decliners today within the utilities sector with Centrais Ele. Brasileira S.A. Eletrobras (EBR) being today's featured utilities loser. Centrais Ele. Brasileira S.A. Eletrobras fell 24 cents (-2.6%) to $8.88 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.8 million shares of Centrais Ele. Brasileira S.A. Eletrobras exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras S.A. Eletrobras primarily engages in the generation, distribution, transmission, and commercialization of electric power; and construction and operation of nuclear power plants in Brazil. Centrais Ele. Brasileira S.A. Eletrobras has a market cap of $12.2 billion and is part of the utilities industry. Shares are down 34.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Centrais Ele. Brasileira S.A. Eletrobras as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and reasonable valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, poor profit margins and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Centrais Ele. Brasileira S.A. Eletrobras Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV