The transportation industry closed the day down 3.5%. YRC Worldwide Inc (YRCW), General Maritime Corporation (GMR), Frozen Food Express Industries (FFEX), and Trailer Bridge Inc (TRBR) were all decliners today within the transportation industry with UTi Worldwide Inc (UTIW) being today's featured transportation loser. UTi Worldwide Inc fell 98 cents (-6.9%) to $13.15 on light volume. Throughout the day, 283,163 shares of UTi Worldwide Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 768,800 shares. UTi Worldwide Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as a supply chain services and solutions company. UTi Worldwide Inc has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 19, below the average transportation industry P/E ratio of 19.3 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 36.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates UTi Worldwide as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, unimpressive growth in net income and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full UTi Worldwide Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about UTIW
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV