United Continental Holdings Inc (UAL): Today's Featured Transportation Winner
The transportation industry closed the day down 3.5%. Euroseas (ESEA), FreeSeas Inc (FREE), Grupo TMM SAB (TMM), and USA Truck (USAK) were all winners today within the transportation industry with United Continental Holdings Inc (UAL) being today's featured transportation winner. United Continental Holdings Inc rose 42 cents (2.1%) to $20.85 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4.2 million shares of United Continental Holdings Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.5 million shares. United Continental Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the provision of passenger and cargo air transportation services. United Continental Holdings Inc has a market cap of $7.1 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 21.4, below the average transportation industry P/E ratio of 27.1 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 10% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates United Continental as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, robust revenue growth and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally poor debt management, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full United Continental Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV