The basic materials sector closed the day down 4.3%. Altair Nanotechnologies Inc (ALTI), China Green Agriculture Inc (CGA), Synalloy Corporation (SYNL), and China Natural Resources Inc (CHNR) were all winners today within the basic materials sector with TransMontaigne Partners L.P (TLP) being today's featured basic materials winner. TransMontaigne Partners L.P rose 72 cents (2.3%) to $32.03 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 75,497 shares of TransMontaigne Partners L.P exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 37,100 shares. TransMontaigne Partners L.P. operates as a terminaling and transportation company. TransMontaigne Partners L.P has a market cap of $445.6 million and is part of the energy industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.9, equal to the average energy industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 14% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates TransMontaigne as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full TransMontaigne Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about TLP
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV