The health services industry closed the day down 2.5%. Escalon Medical Corporation (ESMC), Tengion Inc (TNGN), Pressure BioSciences Inc (PBIO), and Fonar Corporation (FONR) were all winners today within the health services industry with Skilled Healthcare Group Inc (SKH) being today's featured health services winner. Skilled Healthcare Group Inc rose 24 cents (6.8%) to $3.77 on average volume. Throughout the day, 650,185 shares of Skilled Healthcare Group Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 787,200 shares. Skilled Healthcare Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, hospices, home health providers, and a rehabilitation therapy business. Skilled Healthcare Group Inc has a market cap of $71.7 million and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.2, equal to the average health services industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 60.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Skilled Healthcare Group as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and revenue growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally poor debt management and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Skilled Healthcare Group Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about SKH
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV