L.S. Starrett Company (SCX): Today's Featured Industrial Goods Winner
The industrial goods sector closed the day down 3.1%. China Infrastructure Investment Corporation (CIIC), Taylor Devices Inc (TAYD), Euro Tech Holdings Company (CLWT), and NF Energy Saving (NFEC) were all winners today within the industrial goods sector with L.S. Starrett Company (SCX) being today's featured industrial goods winner. L.S. Starrett Company rose 33 cents (3.1%) to $11 on light volume. Throughout the day, 7,372 shares of L.S. Starrett Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 13,300 shares. The L.S. Starrett Company, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the manufacture and sale of industrial, professional, and consumer products worldwide. L.S. Starrett Company has a market cap of $62.9 million and is part of the industrial industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.4, equal to the average industrial industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 8.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates L.S. Starrett as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, robust revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that we feel that the company's cash flow from its operations has been weak overall.
- You can view the full L.S. Starrett Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV