The drugs industry closed the day down 3%. Cardium Therapeutics Inc (CXM), Natural Alternatives International (NAII), Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corporation (TKMR), and Siga Technologies Inc (SIGA) were all winners today within the drugs industry with Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc (QCOR) being today's featured drugs winner. Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc rose $1.79 (7%) to $27.50 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2.2 million shares of Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.4 million shares. Questcor Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a pharmaceutical company, provides prescription drugs for central nervous system and inflammatory disorders. Its primary drug is H.P. Questcor Pharmaceuticals Inc has a market cap of $1.5 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 38.3, equal to the average drugs industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 68.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Questcor as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.
- You can view the full Questcor Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about QCOR
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV