The insurance industry closed the day down 3%. Berkshire Hathaway Inc (BRK.B), Affirmative Insurance Holdings Inc (AFFM), Everest Re Group (RE), and Aflac Inc (AFL) were all winners today within the insurance industry with Life Partners Holdings Inc (LPHI) being today's featured insurance winner. Life Partners Holdings Inc rose 12 cents (2%) to $6.12 on average volume. Throughout the day, 192,876 shares of Life Partners Holdings Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 251,100 shares. Life Partners Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiary, Life Partners, Inc., operates in the secondary market for life insurance in the United States. It facilitates life settlement transactions by identifying, examining, and purchasing the policies as agent for the purchasers. Life Partners Holdings Inc has a market cap of $119.5 million and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 4.2, equal to the average insurance industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 58.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Life as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Life Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about LPHI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV