PORTLAND, Maine, Sept. 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Mr. J. Robinson West, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Magellan Petroleum Company (the "Company" or "Magellan") (NASDAQ: MPET) (ASX: MGN) announced today that Magellan's Board of Directors has voted to move its headquarters from Portland, Maine to Denver, Colorado, one of the centers of the US oil and gas industry.
As a result of this decision, Mr. William H. Hastings, CEO and President of Magellan Petroleum, has elected to step aside from his position as Chief Executive Officer and President. Mr. Hastings will remain on the Board of Directors and will be submitted for another three-year term in the upcoming Proxy. Mr. Hastings will also remain central in the Company's activities as Senior Advisor on growth ventures and business development.
The Board has appointed J. Thomas Wilson, currently acting as a consultant to Magellan Petroleum, as the new CEO and President of the Company and he will lead the organization from its headquarters in Denver. Mr. Wilson will remain as a Director of the Company and also stand for re-election in December for an additional three year term. Magellan Petroleum Company is engaged in the sale of oil and gas and the exploration for and development of oil and gas reserves worldwide.
For further information, please contact:Jeffrey G. Tounge, Manager, Investor Relations (207) 619-8504 SOURCE Magellan Petroleum Company
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV