Layne Christensen Company (LAYN): Today's Featured Materials & Construction Winner
The materials & construction industry closed the day down 2.7%. China Infrastructure Investment Corporation (CIIC), Sharps Compliance Corporation (SMED), Goldfield (GV), and Real Goods Solar Inc (RSOL) were all winners today within the materials & construction industry with Layne Christensen Company (LAYN) being today's featured materials & construction winner. Layne Christensen Company rose 46 cents (2%) to $23.21 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 406,240 shares of Layne Christensen Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 134,400 shares. Layne Christensen Company and its subsidiaries provide drilling and construction services and related products to the water infrastructure and mineral exploration markets. Layne Christensen Company has a market cap of $428.2 million and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.6, equal to the average materials & construction industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 33.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Layne Christensen as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Layne Christensen Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV