The electronics industry closed the day down 3.4%. Memsic Inc (MEMS), Daystar Technologies Inc (DSTI), Jabil Circuit Inc (JBL), and RDA Microelectronics Inc (RDA) were all winners today within the electronics industry with Hanwha SolarOne (HSOL) being today's featured electronics winner. Hanwha SolarOne rose 25 cents (10.5%) to $2.64 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2.2 million shares of Hanwha SolarOne exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 834,100 shares. Hanwha SolarOne, Ltd. provides various energy solutions including silicon ingots, wafers, monocrystalline and polycrystalline solar cells, and solar modules. The company also provides project development and financing services. Hanwha SolarOne has a market cap of $261.1 million and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 1.5, below the average electronics industry P/E ratio of 2.7 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 70.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Hanwha SolarOne as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including poor profit margins, a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share.
- You can view the full Hanwha SolarOne Ratings Report.
- Use our electronics section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about HSOL
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV