The energy industry closed the day down 3.9%. Arabian American Development Company (ARSD), WSP Holdings (WH), Torch Energy Royalty (TRU), and GeoGlobal Resources Inc (GGR) were all winners today within the energy industry with Gulfport Energy Corporation (GPOR) being today's featured energy winner. Gulfport Energy Corporation rose 91 cents (3.7%) to $25.43 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2.6 million shares of Gulfport Energy Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.1 million shares. Gulfport Energy Corporation engages in the exploration, development, and production of oil and natural gas properties. Its principal properties consist of the West Cote Blanche Bay and Hackberry fields in the Louisiana Gulf Coast; and the Permian Basin in West Texas. Gulfport Energy Corporation has a market cap of $1.2 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.4, equal to the average energy industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 13.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Gulfport Energy as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
- You can view the full Gulfport Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about GPOR
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV