The internet industry closed the day down 3%. Liquidity Service Inc (LQDT), Edgar Online Inc (EDGR), Renren Inc ADR (RENN), and HSW International Inc (HSWI) were all winners today within the internet industry with Geeknet Inc (GKNT) being today's featured internet winner. Geeknet Inc rose 85 cents (4.4%) to $20.03 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 39,095 shares of Geeknet Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 23,900 shares. Geeknet, Inc. operates as an online network for the global geek community comprising technology professionals, technology enthusiasts, and general consumers of technology-oriented goods, services, and media. The company operates through two segments, E-commerce and Media. Geeknet Inc has a market cap of $111.6 million and is part of the technology sector. Shares are down 29.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Geeknet as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, robust revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall.
- You can view the full Geeknet Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about GKNT
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV