The retail industry closed the day down 2.3%. BioScrip Inc (BIOS), China Jo-Jo Drugstores Inc (CJJD), Talbots Inc (TLB), and Aeropostale Inc (ARO) were all winners today within the retail industry with Amazon.com Inc (AMZN) being today's featured retail winner. Amazon.com Inc rose $5.75 (2.6%) to $229.96 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 14 million shares of Amazon.com Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.9 million shares. Amazon.com, Inc. operates as an online retailer in North America and internationally. It operates retail Web sites, including amazon.com and amazon.ca. The company serves consumers through its retail Web sites and focuses on selection, price, and convenience. Amazon.com Inc has a market cap of $104.4 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 101.3, equal to the average retail industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 24.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Amazon.com as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Amazon.com Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about AMZN
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV