Astro-Med Inc. (ALOT): Today's Featured Computer Hardware Winner
The computer hardware industry closed the day down 2.2%. Socket Mobile Inc (SCKT), Overland Storage Inc (OVRL), Video Display Corporation (VIDE), and Lantronix Inc (LTRX) were all winners today within the computer hardware industry with Astro-Med Inc (ALOT) being today's featured computer hardware winner. Astro-Med Inc rose 21 cents (3%) to $7.22 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,137 shares of Astro-Med Inc exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,200 shares. Astro-Med, Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, distributes, and services various products that acquire, store, analyze, and present data in multiple formats. It operates in three segments: Test & Measurement (T&M), QuickLabel Systems (QuickLabel), and Grass Technologies (Grass). Astro-Med Inc has a market cap of $51.1 million and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.4, equal to the average computer hardware industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 10.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Astro-Med as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Astro-Med Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV