The market has become downright flooded with large, bright, powerful, pricey, touch-activated smartphones for businesses, to the point where it is getting awfully tough to sift out a winner in a legit competitive analysis between, say, an iPhone, Motorola (MOT) Droid Bionic and HTC EVO.
|The Galaxy S II is rapidly become the star in the mobile businesses telephony market.|
For a business anyway, they're all pretty much the same.
So how cool is it to find a large, bright, high-powered mobile device that actually offers fresh value to firms: The Samsung Galaxy S II. The unit came to Sprint earlier this month and is widely available at places such as Radio Shack (RSH), Amazon (AMZN) and Best Buy (BBY). And after several weeks of tough testing, I gotta say, this thing is worth keeping track of.The Galaxy S II is rapidly become the star in the mobile businesses telephony market. What you do get
The Galaxy S II offers probably the best mix of mobile business functions found in a touch-based smartphone today. Samsung deserves a huge round of applause for making a phone that seems smaller than it actually is. At first blush, the Galaxy seems like the average chubby cellphone: 5.5-inches diagonal overall, nearly 3 inches whide, roughly a half-inch thick. You get the idea. But when you touch the thing, the unit seemed practically delicate. It is done in a bulk-reducing, soft-edge case and is lighter than expected. But there was enough mobile real estate for a 4.52-inch diagonal screen that has got to one of the best-looking on the market -- bright, remarkably crisp, and the blacks are excellent. Tied with a fat, 1.2-GHz processor, the 4G Sprint network and support for oodles of business apps, this unit is an all-world business-class performer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV