BILOXI, Miss., Sept. 28, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Board of Directors of Peoples Financial Corporation (NASDAQ Capital Market: PFBX), parent of The Peoples Bank, has elected two directors to the Board of the bank subsidiary, announced Chevis C. Swetman, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the holding company and the bank.
The two new directors are Wes Fulmer, executive vice president of The Peoples Bank and Peoples Financial Corporation, and A. Wynn Alexander, president of the Desoto companies engaged in forest and lumber products in Wiggins, MS.
"We are glad to welcome these new directors to the board of The Peoples Bank," said Swetman. "Wes has provided steady, effective leadership through these recent years of great economic turmoil," said Swetman. "Wynn has demonstrated keen business insight in founding and managing a number of companies in South Mississippi, and we look forward to the benefit of his perspective as our first director who resides in Stone County," Swetman added.
A native of Gulfport, MS, Fulmer was named executive vice president of the bank and the parent company in 2006. He started his banking career with Gulf National Bank in Gulfport in 1985 after earning his bachelor's degree in business administration with an emphasis in banking and finance and his master's degree in business administration from Mississippi State University.Fulmer is a graduate of the Mississippi School of Banking, Graduate School of Banking at LSU, and the National Commercial Lending School. He has served as a Trustee for The Mississippi School of Banking. He is presently serving as a director on Mississippi Banking Association Board of Directors. He is the Immediate Past Chairman of the Mississippi Gulf Coast Chamber of Commerce Board and previously served as President of the Biloxi Chamber. He was recognized as a Director Emeritus of the Biloxi Chamber.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV