Best-Performing Stocks Under $5 in 2011
3. Majesco Entertainment (COOL)
Company Profile: Majesco Entertainment makes video games mainly for the family-oriented, mass-market consumer.Majesco's run this year started in January when the company announced it had shipped more than 500,000 copies of its Zumba Fitness video game for the Wii, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Later that month, the company announced it regained compliance with the Nasdaq's minimum bid price requirement for continued listing. In early March, shares of Majesco climbed higher after the company posted better-than-expected fiscal first-quarter financial results, with revenue jumping to $48.5 million from $29.2 million in the same period a year earlier. In June, Majesco upped its full-year revenue outlook as it expects to ship 17 new games this year across platforms like the Xbox Kinect, Facebook, Nintendo's 3DS and Apple's iPhone. Current Share Price: $2.21 (Sept. 28) 2011 Total Return: 187% Analyst Ratings: Majesco garners two "buy" ratings from Needham & Co. and Sidoti & Co. Majesco also receives a "neutral" rating from Wedbush. Needham analysts have a $5 price target on the stock while Wedbush has a $4 target. TheStreet Ratings has a "hold" recommendation on Majesco Entertainment. The research report says robust revenue growth, a largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels and return on equity are strengths that are countered by the company's weak profit margins.
2. Acceler8 Technology (AXK) Company Profile: Acceler8 Technology develops materials and instrumentation for applications in medical instrumentation, basic research, drug discovery and bio-detection. The stock surged in the absence of any headlines in January, prompting an inquiry from the NYSE for the unusual volume activity. Acceler8 shares again spiked in February after the company said an evaluation agreement with Novartis (NVS) was extended to June 30. Novartis will pay the company a monthly fee for an exclusive-rights extension. Current Share Price: $3.05 (Sept. 28) 2011 Total Return: 203% Analyst Ratings: No Wall Street firm covers Acceler8 Technology. TheStreet Ratings has a "hold" rating on Acceler8's stock, arguing that the company's "robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity" are counterbalanced by the company's poor profit margins.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV